What does it mean to be an empath?
An empath is a person who experiences the emotions of others and the energy of his or her environment at a deep level.
The following empath quiz will help you identify behaviors, personality traits and gifts of empaths.
You may read some of these “signs” and think, “Ummm…that doesn’t sound pleasant at all.”
The openness of an empath is their true gift – but it can also be an empath’s greatest challenge.
As an empath, it takes awareness, guidance and practice in order to learn how to channel this true superpower.
Looking to step into your light and power as an empath?
Am I an Empath?
- You over-analyze before making decisions in order to weigh the opinions of others
- You self-edit before expressing yourself for fear of how others will respond
- You have difficulty asserting boundaries or saying “no”
- You push past exhaustion in order to not let others down
- You hold yourself back from “going for it” for fear of how others will respond
- You love people, but need a lot of alone time
- You have a desire to serve others, but feel you’re inadequate to do it on a high level or receive money for it
- You naturally want to help and heal others
- Close relationships can feel overwhelming
- You crave connection but often feel lonely
- You see connections in life where others do not
- You’ve struggled to really know who you are, separate from titles, relationships or your identity
- Your environment can easily shift your mood
- You struggle in an office environment
- You feel overwhelmed by large groups of people
- You have ever physically felt the energy of another person in a small space
- You need a lot of alone time or downtime
- You recharge in nature
- You believe you have a purpose but feel inadequate to step into it
- You are struggling to find your purpose or “true self”
- You have a harsh inner critic
- You crave love, approval and intimacy
- You avoid difficult conversations for fear of the others person’s reactions
- You avoid doing things you really want to do for fear of another person’s reactions
- You have extreme highs and lows in your energy level
- You struggle with emotional eating or other digestive issues
- You feel heaviness or pain in specific areas of your body and are unsure why
- You have experience rapid weight gain or loss in times of stress
- You experience situations where total strangers open up at a deep level
- You are gifting at holding space for others to express themselves
- You have always felt guided by something bigger than yourself
- You have a hard time trusting yourself
- You have been deceived in relationships
- You seem to attract people who like to talk about themselves – a lot
- You crave deep, honest conversation
- You feel things deeply but have a hard time naming the emotion
- You’ve struggled with anxiety or depression
- When you’re stressed you numb out through overworking, over-exercising, cleaning, drugs, alcohol
- You are highly creative
- You often feel like a victim of the energy of others
- You look for the little synchronicities in life
- You enjoy journaling or meditation
- You are introspective
- You feel incredibly connected to animals, children or the elderly
- You love to give and often feel uncomfortable receiving
- You love music
- You express yourself best through creativity, art or writing
- You care to the point where it can be debilitating at times
- You know what others are thinking and feeling, even if they do not express it
- You have “gut feelings”
- You feel called to step into your power, now more than ever (This one may catch you by surprise, but I feel empaths have a very special purpose on this planet now!)
How many of these resonate with you? Which do you experience most intensely? What other patterns have you noticed in yourself as an empath?
Comment with your score and response to the 50 signs below, or send me a DM on Instagram at @irongypsylife!
Relief for Empaths
Imagine if you could re-write the rules on what it means to be an empath – making your sensitivity your superpower!
- End people-pleasing, self-doubt and analysis paralysis once and for all
- Tap into an unlimited source of energy from within
- Become 100 percent clear and aligned with your purpose
- Gain the confidence to step and up and create the life of your dreams
- Feel fulfilled and energized by relationships
- Become part of a community of like-hearted, like-minded beautiful souls who want to make a difference in the world